Depends - You can trust ours! Every one of our reviews was written by a legitimate client but there is a growing problem with companies making a business of writing fake reviews.
Why does a company pay another company to write fake reviews?
- They want to make their operation seem better than it is because they don’t want to do the real work of improving the experience for their customers.
- They want to try to bury bad reviews.
- They want to improve their Search Engine listing without doing the actual work.
- It’s too darn easy!
We have more reviews on the Internet than anyone on Angie’s List. Every review is legitimate so we know what a real review looks like for a hot tub company. Almost always they will:
- Be much longer than just 1 or 2 lines
- Tell a story of their experience
- Name the people they met
- Buying a hot tub is a process that usually takes several hours. By the end of that time, you know the name of your salesperson and often others!
Several times a year we get phone calls from companies offering to write fake reviews. Sadly, the Search Engines are doing little to ensure the legitimacy of reviews written on their sites. One of the reasons we are big fans of Angie's List is because they manually screen every review. In fact, it usually takes 3 days after someone writes a review on Angie’s List before it will appear on their site. They use this time to check validity of the review!
Please note: Both Google & Yelp claim to have automated processes to screen out fake reviews. From our experience, these automated "screens" do a poor job of separating fake reviews from legitimate ones. On the other hand, you simply cannot fake an Angie's List review because you must be a member and they manually check every review.